ATLANTA, October 27, 2011—Patient Placement Systems (PPS) announced today the publication of a revised eBook that provides strategies for skilled nursing facilities to market more effectively and build and manage quality census. This eBook, “Coming to Your Census: 9 Steps to Excellence in SNF Census and Marketing Performance,” is available immediately at www.patientplacement.com/census.
The eBook identifies nine marketing and census building strategies that deliver proven results for skilled nursing facilities:
- Acknowledge census management, marketing and sales as critical operational processes
- Start at the end – establish your reporting and analysis requirements
- Prepare for, don’t panic about, reimbursement cuts
- Feel the need for speed in your referral response times
- Take marketing to task – assign, track and measure marketing activities
- Buy your liaisons mobile Internet devices today
- Don’t settle for good enough—it’s neither good, nor enough
- Embrace Web-based solutions
- Find a partner, not just a vendor
“Our skilled nursing facility partners have documented the success of these marketing and census building strategies,” said Doug Walker, VP and general manager of Patient Placement Systems. “With the recent 11.1 percent Medicare reimbursement cuts, SNFs need these strategies more than ever to improve census and capacity management, payer and case, and marketing and sales effectiveness.”
Walker cited several examples of clients successfully applying these strategies:
- Greystone Healthcare Management increased census 5 percent in one region, with 71 percent of new admissions being Medicare or Medicare HMO.
- Berkshire Healthcare Systems is admitting 70 additional patients per month across 17 locations.
- Royal Health Group set effective new RUG-IV reimbursement strategies, driven by system reports on requested services and reasons for declined referrals.
- Clients have accelerated referral response times by 80 percent, and raised referral conversion rates by as much as 100 percent.
About Patient Placement Systems
Back to News
Patient Placement Systems helps skilled nursing facilities build and manage quality census. It designed the Web-based Referral Management System to automate and accelerate the admissions, marketing and reporting specifically for skilled nursing facilities. Clients have increased census by 5 percent, improved referral response times by more than 80 percent, and dramatically improved payer mix and revenue. For more information, visit www.PatientPlacement.com or call 877-748-6656. PPS also publishes www.CaringForward.com, an industry blog of ideas, insight and technology to inform and improve long-term care.